I was so excited about this recipe that I made it on Mother's Day... yes, I made it. The plan was for my husband to make dinner on Mother's Day, then I decided that there was really nothing I'd like more than a few peaceful minutes in the kitchen to whip up this yummy dish. We loved it! It's definitely a keeper! It's the best recipe I've ever found for any chicken leftovers and I enjoyed these taquitos more than many fried versions I've tasted.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the kitchen, my whole family adored this dish ... which always makes my heart happy... and I got to play with the new camera my sweet mister bought for me!
What a perfect Mother's Day. This poem sums up my feelings for my precious little girl ... I know my mommy friends can totally relate! Hope your day was just as beautiful.
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Recipe by: Our Best Bites
Makes about 15 taquitos
1/3 c. reduced-fat cream cheese
1/4 c. salsa verde (tomatillo and jalapeno salsa)
1 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
2 tbsp. sliced green onions
2 c. shredded, cooked chicken
1/2 c to 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
15 corn tortillas (my pictures show flour, but I prefer the corn)
olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 425 and spray a pan with olive oil, or nonstick spray.
2. Microwave the cream cheese for 30 seconds to soften.
3. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
4. Add the fresh herbs, green onions, chicken, and cheese.
5. Heat the tortillas to make them easier to work with and then place about 2-3 tbsp. of the mixture on the tortilla.
6. Roll the tortilla as tightly as possible and place it on the baking sheet.
7. Once all of the taquitos are prepared and on the sheet, spray them with olive oil or nonstick spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and serve with salsa or guacamole.
Thanks for reading! xo